Vellore City's proximity to two major Metropolitan Cities Chennai and Bengaluru is an added advantage. Both these Cities have International Airports. Vellore is just 130 km away from Chennai and 210 km from Bengaluru. Vellore City is located on the National Highway and is well connected by Road and Rail Transport.
- Chennai - Vellore Region is known as the health care capital of India
- It is a popular destination for medical tourists from abroad and India for many years now.
- 50% of all foreign patients in India are treated in this region.
- This region has more Multi and Super-speciality hospitals that bring in sizeable numbers of international patients every day.
- According to a study by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), more than 6 lakh tourists visit the state every year.
- Chennai – Vellore region attracts more than 45% of health tourists from abroad arriving in the country and 40-50% of domestic health tourists.
- Factors behind the tourists’ inflow in this region include low costs, little waiting times and excellent facilities offered at these speciality hospitals.